CALL FOR PAPERS:
Concurrency and Computation Practice and Experience
Special Issue on Cloud-Edge Computing and Communications
Cloud computing, with the powerful computational and communications functions, is becoming an essential infrastructure in the era of data processing. Some famous enterprises, such as Alibaba, Google, Amazon, Baidu, Tencent and Microsoft, have deployed or are developing their own revolutionized infrastructure of Cloud computing to accelerate the development of industry. At the same time, with the increasing development of computational and communications potential of smart devices, edge computing, as an emerging paradigm of data computing and communications form, is attracting growing attention from both academia and industry. Currently, cloud computing and communication is mainly used to process and exchange large-scale, long-term, global data, which can be used to obtain decision-making information such as the feature, law or rule sets. The edge computing and communication is used to process and exchange small-scale, short-term, local data, which is used to present the real-time situation. To make fully use of the advantages of both cloud and edge computing and communications, is becoming a tendency of data processing and analytics to offer high-quality services for humans.
However, as the future vision of data computing and communications development, cloud-edge computing and communications, incorporating various computing and communication technologies, has many challenging issues to be coped with. For example, how to reasonably process and exchange data to provide high-quality personalized services for human? How to dynamic schedule the computational tasks between the data center and smart devices with less energy consumption and execution time? How to protect users’ privacy and sensitive data in cloud-edge computing and communications? How to realize highly-efficient communication among the employed smart devices?
Therefore, to address the challenging questions of cloud-edge computing and communications, this special issue solicits original technical papers with novel contributions on the cloud-edge computing and communications. Tutorial or survey papers are also welcome. For each submission, the review process will begin immediately once the submission is received and the final decision will be made within 4 months. Authors are strongly encouraged to submit their work once it is ready.
Potential topics include but are not limited to the following:
● Internet-of-Things, and device-to-device communications
● Data computing and communications (e.g. big data, cloud computing)
● Parallel and distributed computing of big data
● Low-power, distributed data processing
● Green cloud-edge computing and communications
● Wireless sensor networks and communications
● Energy efficient in edge computing
● Energy efficient in cloud-edge computing and communications
● Energy efficient networking, wireless networks and networking
● Optimization and analysis of big data
● Privacy and privacy-preserving technical solutions in cloud-edge computing and communications
● Quality of experience and quality of services in smart world
● Cloud-edge-based service
Submission Deadline: February 28, 2018
First Round Notification: April 30, 2018
Revision Deadline: May 30, 2018
Final Round Notification: June 30, 2018
Lead Guest Editor:
Laurence T. Yang (firstname.lastname@example.org), St. Francis Xavier University, Canada.
Stephen S. Yau (email@example.com), Arizona State University, USA.
Didier El Baz (firstname.lastname@example.org), Laboratory for Analysis and Architecture of Systems, France.
Xiaokang Wang (email@example.com), St. Francis Xavier University, Canada.
Manuscripts must follow these guidelines:
● Submit at Manuscript central as the CECC2018 special issue.
● Submissions must have at least 50% new content.
● Submission must be prepared for publication according to the journal submission guidelines.
● The Latex template is provided by Wiley